1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

smoking paint on a new pellet stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by cncpro, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cncpro

cncpro New Member

Loc:
    NE Connecticut, USA
    I am certain this is normal but how long will it stink for ?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DiggerJim

DiggerJim Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northcentral Connecticut
    The manual (on mine it's page 25) says it is normal and tells you to open the windows for air circulation - there's a Caution box on the bottom of the page about it.
    Just interested if there's something wrong with it or if American made is just always better? Are you certain any "American made" stove is really made here?
  3. cncpro

cncpro New Member

Loc:
    NE Connecticut, USA
    American made is the best IMNSHO.

Everywhere else excepting China is second choice.

China is my lowest preference due to the massive amount of trade deficit I see.

So far, nothing serious wrong with it... Sloppy sticker application (warning labels, etc) and a stripped-out screw are about all I have to whine about. I'm just not happy about the salesperson's mistake regarding the country of origin.

Can you ever really be certain ? I suppose not... But I would've been happier if it came in a box that said "Made with pride in the USA".
  4. Stove Guy (Maine)

Stove Guy (Maine) New Member

Loc:
    Maine
    The Paint smell will take some time... probably the best thing you can do to get the "burn off" over-with... is to turn the stove on high.. run for about 4 hours... ( make sure to open windows, turn off smoke detectors)... and hopefully by then it will have dissipate... If not... repeat !!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.