So is 3.49 a bag a good price for .......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
Somersets!?!?!?!
Going to pay for a ton tomorrow morning. If I had the extra cash laying around I would prepay for 4 or 5 tons at that price just to flip them. :)

can you place me a order of 666 tons and have it shipped to the Great White North at Santa's Village, H0H-0H0!

Somersets!?!?!?!
Going to pay for a ton tomorrow morning. If I had the extra cash laying around I would prepay for 4 or 5 tons at that price just to flip them. :)

Is that the ton price or the per bag price? (Not a fan of retailers gouging by charging two different prices... I understand why, but I don't like it)

That's the bag price...works out to $174.50/ton IIRC. Menards has them on sale this week. I'm already sitting on 6 tons, but still might get another ton or two, just because the price is great. Starting to get tight in the shed though...

Is that the ton price or the per bag price? (Not a fan of retailers gouging by charging two different prices... I understand why, but I don't like it)

yea, we dont like to charge 2 different prices either, but when you factor in that some poor soul has to load it by hand into someone's Plymouth van, bending over twice with each one, arranging them for the folks while they stand there with their hands on their hips watching you, you'd understand. This is a different customer than the guy who drives up with a pickemup truck, where we pick up a whole skid with the forklift and place the pallet in his/her pickup truck, say "thanks", and drive off 15 seconds later....

yea, we dont like to charge 2 different prices either, but when you factor in that some poor soul has to load it by hand into someone's Plymouth van, bending over twice with each one, arranging them for the folks while they stand there with their hands on their hips watching you, you'd understand. This is a different customer than the guy who drives up with a pickemup truck, where we pick up a whole skid with the forklift and place the pallet in his/her pickup truck, say "thanks", and drive off 15 seconds later....

I prefer to buy them by ths bag cause:

A. It's a lot easier on my old legs, back, knees, etc. going up and down the stairs 15 times rather than 50.
and
B. My old rustbucket Dakota can't handle a full ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.