Some glaze after sweeping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MichaelSand

Nov 28, 2021
Cottage grove
I swept my chimney earlier this year. I’ve still noticed some build up and what looks like a little glaze. What’s normal?

519DD274-ADA7-4EEC-8614-71CFAF70EB12.jpeg E6A821C6-3010-4DE3-8F03-DF3F15978DBA.jpeg

The posted photos are looking upwards from the interior of the wood stove into the lower end of the stove pipe correct? I would sweep it again if it were me. You mentioned that you swept earlier but it isn’t clean. Can you please get a photo of your chimney cap and post it. If it’s discolored/ partially plugged it’ll help suggest a cause for the build up. How often do you burn the stove. Flue and stovetop temperatures?
Do you have a moisture meter yet?