Somehow I Don't Think This Guy Is A hearth.com Member

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And there is a global television monitor system in the kitchen. The basketball hoop is a nice touch, though I imagine the backcourt action must get a little scary with a whitehot barrel behind you.

Pretty sophisticated until you look at the single-wall exiting from the building. Yikes!

Hey props to him for being so inventive .. OK for a pole barn. I bet it's a beast to keep it going though.

Very clever. Seems like having a thin-walled red-hot cement truck with a roaring fire inside parked in the middle of my living room, though. Don't think the wife would go for it. Kind of intrudes on that "open" feeling. Rick

Ok... I noticed there was a grocery bag in there. Nice trash incinerator.

He also said the steel gets so hot is becomes transparent and you can see the fire inside.... riiiiiiight.

Very interesting, who would want that kind of a thing when there are so many nice units out there at little cost. But, I bet he had fun and feels that old pride of accomplishment, so that's fine for him.

Can you imagine what that dog says to his friends about his master's new stove?

Corie said:
I don't even want to say anything.

Ah c'mon. I am thinking 55-NCB here.

Corie said:

Something about that 95% efficiency claim buggin you? %-P

Oh my god! This guy is clueless. Some day he's going to wake up dead!

yikes!!!

"it gets so hot it becomes translucent and you can see the fire"

what the f%^k

BeGreen said:
Corie said:

Something about that 95% efficiency claim buggin you? %-P

It's the plastic bag. Not very green, is it? :lol:

I bet he is pulling 95% of the heat out of the exhaust with that long run. The making of a chimney fire...

As far as burn efficincy, I'm not sure it's all that low there either. He basicly has a forge since he's forcing all of that air in there. According to his own words the metal gets hot enough to be white, then transulcent. It has to be hot enough to burn any smoke assuming his wood is dry. (Which I doubt it is.)

At least that's my take on it. It doesn't look like the safest setup, does it.

Matt

Todd said:
Oh my god! This guy is clueless. Some day he's going to wake up dead!

Todd who has been so tolerant of me placing you in the wrong place,heh,heh.

Sorry, but I really do have to take issue with that guy waking up dead. I and the rest of the members on this forum would like you to kindly explain to us how in hell ya can wake up dead??

;-) Ya asked for that one didn`t ya??

Nice video,He's got another one where he cranks the stove, and it does indeed get almost transparent.
He says used motor oil is the key to starting a fire, it even works with wet wood.
That guy is crazy.

Oh MAN, he has another one there on how to make a fire in the stove! Used Motor Oil! Oh man...
all to the classic rock tunes of BOSTON (or is it Journey?) hahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt35aVo0PqQ&feature=user

Oh yeah, and there's one on the dog, which is not even his, it's his neighbor's... and is NOT named Wolf!

Man, this guy is a nut. He is, however, still alive so far, since the video of the dog was added today!
He has hundreds of other vids on there, crashing cars, blowing up appliances, letting 8 year olds drive solo, but the most exciting ones are the ones where he starts cars that have been sitting for a long time, whoo hoo!

Hmm. At the start he's telling us no creosote. Then later he's showing his potato masher creosote scraper. Uh huh.
Also note, this is no pole barn. It's a concrete warehouse, including the walls. I wonder if he has a CO detector?

He probably has a "redneck" CO detector - a litter of kittens or something.

:lol: :cheese: :lol:

For me I liked how the side of the building, from the top of the chminey to the ground was covered in creasote.
Hope this guy cleans that pipe on a weekly basis.

But on the brighter side it is in a metal and concreate building only thing that would burn is the stuff he has inside.

He needs to throw in some live rounds in a coffee can for excitement with that death trap. It is more of a science experiment then a heater!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.