Somerset pellet smell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coloradan

Dec 9, 2009
South Central PA
Has anyone noticed that Somerset pellets have kind of a foul odor to them? Kinda like vomit? I haven't noticed anybody talk about it, so I was wondering if I just had a bad batch or something. I bought bags from 2 different skids at Lowes, and they both smelled the same. I love how they burn in the stove though - not much ash and great heat. Just wished they smelled a little better.

i have been burning somerset for years and have never experienced this. Most have been a bad run.

I tried 2 bags of somerset bought from Lowes this past weekend, I liked them. Did not notice any unusual smells but did notice a lot less ash than the lignetics. I'm going to try a few more.

Mine smell just like fresh split oak. Love the smell.
I tried a few bags before I bought a ton and I,m glad I bought them. They put out good heat and a little less ash than the Maine woods I was burning.

I would by these again!
Only place around here that had them is Lowe's.

Status
Not open for further replies.