Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Just picked up the final ton of pellets for this winter. Nice, fresh batch of Somersets......they just came off the truck at Lowes on Monday. Paid for them ($209) Tuesday (thanks for the heads-up Schoondog!!), and I had today off from work so went and grabbed em.

And yep, the pics to prove it happened ;lol

Attachments

• somersets 1.jpg
    somersets 1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 272
  • somersets 2.jpg
    somersets 2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 267
  • somersets3.jpg
    somersets3.jpg
    947.2 KB · Views: 299
Yes, the Newburgh store, but I got the very last full pallet.....only other one left had 2 bags missing (damaged I think). They DO have a LOT of Greene Team that just came in too.....seems that they are selling pellets very quickly....the entire Somerset load sold out in 48 hrs.

ygrant, as per your question....it depends. If the pallet is broken open & re-stacked, it needs to be stored out of the weather. If it's still factory wrapped, it can be stored outdoors, but still needs to be covered by a good tarp, or in a shed.

Here's the rest of the stash (2 tons of CleanFire and 1 of Greene Team):

Attachments

• Shed w. pellets.jpg
    Shed w. pellets.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 208
Your making me drool pete!
Nothing out of the ordinary for us pellet pigs, right Jay? ;) Drooling when we see pellets, especially nice ones, is expected.

As Homer would say "mmmmmmmm pellets" ;hm

Anything in southern Ct for somersets yet ?

"Sets" are as good as they get here in Ohio.... At least in my locale.

Very nice Pete. Gonna be a good year for you :)

;) Nice pellet storage, that is sweet. I am planning on building something similar if i get this stove up and running, better hurry winter is coming. I am going to have to check lowes and see if they have them here cman.

Love the Somersets! Don't have the pics handy, but got a ton and a half and will get more if they are available. Got a ton of Dry Creeks and a few GT. Bring on a bad Northeast winter.

Schoondog

Menards has pellets on sale at $3.39/bag. The one Lowes in the area is having a "temporary price reduction" to match Menards $3.39. They have over 12 tons of Somersets!!!! I asked if they honor the 10% off coupons and they said yes since it's not actually on sale. Soooo....saying goodbye to my side of the garage and buying at least 3 ton at $152.50 per ton. Heck I might just double my current stash at that price.

I picked up 2 ton's at newburgh lowes on monday also.Glad i got there early.

Nice!

Never had the opportunity to find/try out those Somersets but they seem to be
a good consistent pellet year after year.

You saving those Cleanfire for a special occasion or avoiding them?;)

I would love to try Somersets, at $152 be happy i dont live around you

Ohhh I'll be buying plenty. I found out today they will let me purchase a large amount and take them away in smaller batches!!! This could be trouble!!!

Reactions: oldmountvernon
Hope some of the 'set's make there way cross the Ct border, havent seen them here since 2010, still have a ton for the coldest days, last year i was burning them and said to myself....whoa!, why am i wasting these, got some GT rest of winter

Nice work Pete.

Now enjoy a beverage! ;lol
---Nailer---

Reactions: Eatonpcat
....You saving those Cleanfire for a special occasion or avoiding them?;)
I'm slowly burning them for shoulder seasons. The 10-cpm will burn em, and I just increase the fuel trim to get some decent heat out of them. They're not great, but I'm not throwing them away.

Looking good! I sure would love to try some of those but no one carries them around these parts.....
Those of us in the western pa and eastern ohio feel the same as you when we see the softwoods in your sig !! DexterDay scored some softies recently but by and large no softies here... Wondering if Dex has burned any yet !!

Status
Not open for further replies.