Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did they have anymore left hiding back there?
I could use another 20-30 bags.
20-30 BAGS??? At that price, you should buy as many TONS as you can store......garage, cellar, storage shed, under the bed, in the kitchen cabinets, behind the couch, etc, etc, etc!

sales over so we're back to the normal price of 175.00...... o_O

20-30 BAGS??? At that price, you should buy as many TONS as you can store......garage, cellar, storage shed, under the bed, in the kitchen cabinets, behind the couch, etc, etc, etc!
...and if you put pillow cases over them!,........

...called every HD, Lowes, and Tractor Supply in a 60 miles radius,.. all we can get is GS - $209 or GT - $260

Omv.i must have gotten there just before ya.i was passing thru quincy on my way home from north shore and figured i would stop in to see what lowes had.two years ago i found somersets there and grabbed 10 bags to try.believe it or not 8 of them are still sitting in my basement.well they have company now.scored 2 ton at $188 a ton.i have a 12ft box van and she was squattin pretty good the whole ways down rt 24.man what an awsome smell of oak in my van and basement.

Where U at Corkman??

Got em!,... Lowes in Kingston NY,... Somerset's for $209, I picked up a ton on my way home,... getting another ton tomorrow.

Reactions: The Ds
im in Norton

I bought 3 tons of Somersets from Lowes on Saturday for delivery on Sunday. Before I paid for delivery, I specifically asked whether or not I'd be guaranteed the Somersets because if not, then I'd cart them home 1/2 ton at a time in the Ranger. I was guaranteed they'd deliver Somersets. Instead, when I got home from church on Sunday, I had 2 pallets of Green Supreme and a pallet of North Americans sitting in the driveway. Called the manager right away. He looked into it and allegedly the truck driver just grabbed three skids of pellets instead of the ones with my name on them. So, supposedly they'll be delivering my Somersets tomorrow. Oh, and when they called today to confirm the (re)delivery tomorrow, the lady said, "It says in the notes, 'Somersets only'!!" So, hopefully, they'll get it right. But, since they actually honored my 10% off coupon too, I'm willing to put up with the hassle.

I bought 3 tons of Somersets from Lowes on Saturday for delivery on Sunday. Before I paid for delivery, I specifically asked whether or not I'd be guaranteed the Somersets because if not, then I'd cart them home 1/2 ton at a time in the Ranger. I was guaranteed they'd deliver Somersets. Instead, when I got home from church on Sunday, I had 2 pallets of Green Supreme and a pallet of North Americans sitting in the driveway. Called the manager right away. He looked into it and allegedly the truck driver just grabbed three skids of pellets instead of the ones with my name on them. So, supposedly they'll be delivering my Somersets tomorrow. Oh, and when they called today to confirm the (re)delivery tomorrow, the lady said, "It says in the notes, 'Somersets only'!!" So, hopefully, they'll get it right. But, since they actually honored my 10% off coupon too, I'm willing to put up with the hassle.

I agree,.. because when I had talked to the guy in 'garden' he said they got the Somersets in,.. yet when I went there to purchase they told me we have "wood pellets - $209" or "premium hardwood pellets - $260" ... I said I want the Somersets......didnt matter what brand to them.

Just passed the local feed mill hardwood heats 179 a ton, forget who's they are re-bagged but they burn as good/better as Somersets for me.
might have to grab four ton to hold me over for this year, only 2 miles from home, keep out of the stash that way.......

Hamers for $179 a ton!!!!!

Thats a price that would make me buy 22 ton!! My Wife wouldn't be Happy. But at that price. I dont care ;)

Reactions: Eatonpcat
I need another 20 to 25 bags to top off my stash. TSC only has GS's and I'm not likin them. Lowes only has Inferno's by the bag. They have Timber heats but never seem to have any open pallets to pick from. Greene Teams are MIA or over priced at $260/ton. Still have hope for HD with some FSU or Presto's. If not I have to hit agway for some Power House but slightly more.

At least I have some options and only stuck with one meh brand to choose from! Just can't get as lucky as you fella's with the Somersets and Hardwood Heats. ;sick

I'd rather Somersets! I get all warm and fuzzy just thinkin about em! You'll see once you've burned some of yours!
Well, I hope you're right. This was in my driveway when I got home from work.
Pellet2.jpg

And, this is what is in my garage now:
Pellet1.jpg

If your not happy I'll come get em free of charge! ::-)

That right there is the best pellet you'll see at the boxstores, I'll quite reviewing pellets if I'm wrong!

If your not happy I'll come get em free of charge! ::-)

That right there is the best pellet you'll see at the boxstores, I'll quite reviewing pellets if I'm wrong!

I've had my eye out for them almost as soon as I found out about 'em. I don't think I've seen anyone have a bad experience with them. So, when I saw them and realized what they were, I just about did a Napoleon Dynamite'sque happy dance right there in the middle of Lowes!

I've had my eye out for them almost as soon as I found out about 'em. I don't think I've seen anyone have a bad experience with them. So, when I saw them and realized what they were, I just about did a Napoleon Dynamite'sque happy dance right there in the middle of Lowes!

Happy dance? Uh oh, Well that can only mean one thing! Your infested with swine flu. You sir might just be a pellet pig! :cool:

Reactions: blwells45
Any chance these somersets will make their way up to Maine?
Go to your local Lowes and ask the person manning the section of the store that has the pellet/wood stoves to check on the computer for pending pellet shipments. They did it for me here in NY and I knew within a few days when they were being delivered.

1023122027.jpg View attachment 78439View attachment 78439 View attachment 78438 View attachment 78438
Go to your local Lowes and ask the person manning the section of the store that has the pellet/wood stoves to check on the computer for pending pellet shipments. They did it for me here in NY and I knew within a few days when they were being delivered.
true,... my tenant is a store manager at the Lowes in Highland, he told me they wont be getting Somerset's,.. ever.

Strange how dif stores get dif brands....so I went to Kingston and got another ton.

i only got 3 ton :( BUT if i catch that truck you will see lowes deliver a full load in my driveway I wonder if they will hold to their word 65 bucks for any amount, what a loss that would be
OMV let us know when u have had a chance to burn a bag or 2 of em......interested to see if u like em as much as we do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.