Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my eye out for them almost as soon as I found out about 'em. I don't think I've seen anyone have a bad experience with them. So, when I saw them and realized what they were, I just about did a Napoleon Dynamite'sque happy dance right there in the middle of Lowes!

Which lowes did you find these at? I've checked with about 10 different ones in Orange County NY area and nothing, nada, zip, zilch etc. only have Green Supremes. Although I I'd find presto log bags yesterday and grabbed 10 bags, but nothing else.

Which lowes did you find these at? I've checked with about 10 different ones in Orange County NY area and nothing, nada, zip, zilch etc. only have Green Supremes. Although I I'd find presto log bags yesterday and grabbed 10 bags, but nothing else.
I'm north of Albany. This was in Saratoga Springs.

Grrrrr....this all makes me want to go pellet hunting again! ::-)

I just grabbed 4 more ton of somersets ! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i talked to somerset mgr. lowes has no more deliveries scheduled for mass :(
Bummer! Keep us posted if you have any updates of Somersets in SE MA.

Kingston NY lowes got a truck load in on Monday. Friend got 2 tons, another friend got 4 tons and I got 4 tons. wife said 11.5 tons is enough LOL ::-)

Reactions: oldmountvernon
Kingston NY lowes got a truck load in on Monday. Friend got 2 tons, another friend got 4 tons and I got 4 tons. wife said 11.5 tons is enough LOL ::-)
....hard to resist at 209,... im starting to shake,,,

Guarded by two (2) highly trained and hungry Rottweilers,.. and one half crazed old guy with several guns.!!!

Attachments

• 1024121655a (1).jpg
    1024121655a (1).jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 144
Any reports of seeing them in Ct?, weird how they are near the Cape, jumped around us!!

Always store inside!

Old wives' tales. I stored two tons of Barefoot on two pallets, outdoors for almost two years and had 0 issue. I kept the original pallet plastic cover on and over-wrapped them each with a tarp and tied off with straps.

Hope some of the 'set's make there way cross the Ct border, havent seen them here since 2010, still have a ton for the coldest days, last year i was burning them and said to myself....whoa!, why am i wasting these, got some GT rest of winter

Yeah, I got two tons of Somersets left over from 2010 when I snatched them in Eastern CT. Burned the Green Team and Fireside Ultra last year to save the good stuff, and saved another ton of Barefoots from 2009. Putting dates with pellets reminds me of picking out wines! :)

So this is my first year using a pellet stove and after much research and forum reading I have realized that of all the Pellets available to me the overwhelming favorite are the Somersets. I also know that i should buy a few bags of each before buying in bulk(shame on me), BUT With that being said I have found Somersets after MUCH.....and I mean MUCH searching and decided to get 2 Tons. With shipping = $488. So if they suk I have seen several posts where people are offering to take them and even pick them up(I will keep that in mind). But at $488 for 2 tons it sure beats filling up my 1000 gallon oil tank 3-4 times a year so I'll take my chances. I may be a pig just yet. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll just consider myself a piglet for now!!!

Where?-Where? You got my attention!

I can't find it, What page did you see it on? :confused:

Geez,.. now I cant find the thread JT, thought there was a guy on here from Stockbridge area who was getting Sets from Lowes,... Im sure youve looked plenty!!... sorry.

So this is my first year using a pellet stove and after much research and forum reading I have realized that of all the Pellets available to me the overwhelming favorite are the Somersets. I also know that i should buy a few bags of each before buying in bulk(shame on me), BUT With that being said I have found Somersets after MUCH.....and I mean MUCH searching and decided to get 2 Tons. With shipping = $488. So if they suk I have seen several posts where people are offering to take them and even pick them up(I will keep that in mind). But at $488 for 2 tons it sure beats filling up my 1000 gallon oil tank 3-4 times a year so I'll take my chances. I may be a pig just yet. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll just consider myself a piglet for now!!!
Paul, I did the same thing. I was trying to do my due diligence, and try different pellets. But, everyone seems to love the Somersets, so when I saw them, I jumped at the chance to buy three tons. I'll probably still buy a few bags of this and a few bags of that to try as I go along in case I am unable to find Somersets again.

I'll probably still buy a few bags of this and a few bags of that to try as I go along in case I am unable to find Somersets again.

Sounds like a good plan. Better to know whats out there a head of the buying season. Its a good pratice IMHO. Keep us posted on the those Somersets!

Reactions: jtakeman
Well. They are finally here. Just finished moving them into my garage. Didn't look like that much until I started moving em. photo 5-1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.