Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of us in the western pa and eastern ohio feel the same as you when we see the softwoods in your sig !! DexterDay scored some softies recently but by and large no softies here... Wondering if Dex has burned any yet !!

Yeah. Tried a bag in the Quad. Pretty good pellet. Smell good, pretty small, and has a clear bag. I love the clear bags that some Manufacturers have gone to. Allows you to see the actual product and verify the fines, color, and also overall length of the pellet.

Because Somersets are so small, they are still my overall favorite pellet. The Rockys would be a close second, if they were readily available in our area. But Somersets are the Chit around here (and normally had for $175 / Never paid more than $215) .

When I stopped at the NB lowes none left. asked in the front and the manager said to the clerk - "I hope this question is not about somersets, Im sick of somersets" LOL

just bought my first 3 ton of somersets! im excited... i think . i never saw them around here thanks to Cromulent for the tip...
if they get another load by the time i pick them up you know this piggy getting more :p
Good grab OMV u will love 'em!!

just bought my first 3 ton of somersets! im excited... i think . i never saw them around here thanks to Cromulent for the tip...
if they get another load by the time i pick them up you know this piggy getting more :p
wuts that put u at 25 tons?
thats 8+ years of fuel for me.
ironpony ain't got nuttin on u. epic.

At this rate, that chit will be moldy before you burn it! !!!

I will gladly come take any away. Free of charge. :)

Just tryin to help out..... Thats what buddies do ;)

Reactions: oldmountvernon
Hope some of the 'set's make there way cross the Ct border, havent seen them here since 2010, still have a ton for the coldest days, last year i was burning them and said to myself....whoa!, why am i wasting these, got some GT rest of winter
Check Long Pond Stove Shop in Wauregan CT

wuts that put u at 25 tons?
thats 8+ years of fuel for me.
ironpony ain't got nuttin on u. epic.
Holy crap, oldmountvernon!! You are now my idol! That is a serious stash! What do you go through in a winter??

BTW, imacman, I stumbled across some somersets tonight at my local Lowes. Heading over there tomorrow with my 10% off coupon to see if I can score me several tons. Hoping for 4, but, I'll take what I can get. Since the first frost has hit us, I won't make pellet pig this season. But, hoping to achieve that status by this time next year! Although, I'll never be as cool as oldmountvernon. But, I'll try! :)

Reactions: smoke show
My buddy works at lowes, he checked on somersets for me. 4.38 a bag or 219.00 a ton. He said hurry they only have 2075 bags left lol.

At $259/ton you'll be lucky they have any left!
My bad...259 is good for Somersets? I guess I underestimated them given the other prices mentioned on the thread. I'll have to check the review and give em a second look...may be taking a drive this afternoon.

Just got back from Lowe's in Herkimer NY and they are dual pricing premiums at 260 and others at 209 but the Green Team were considered "Premium" so, my thought is even if they get somersets in they are going to be priced at 260/ton. I still have a ton from last year but I can't see paying an extra 60/ton over last year... argghhh we really should start a pellet coop and buy direct.

I can not buy anymore until next spring..............bought a new building and will be moving in February.
have to move all my pelllets doen the road about a mile, this is your chance to passs me up but
once I am settled in another 22 ton shipment is on the way

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Omv.i must have gotten there just before ya.i was passing thru quincy on my way home from north shore and figured i would stop in to see what lowes had.two years ago i found somersets there and grabbed 10 bags to try.believe it or not 8 of them are still sitting in my basement.well they have company now.scored 2 ton at $188 a ton.i have a 12ft box van and she was squattin pretty good the whole ways down rt 24.man what an awsome smell of oak in my van and basement.

Just picked up the final ton of pellets for this winter. Nice, fresh batch of Somersets......they just came off the truck at Lowes on Monday. Paid for them ($209) Tuesday (thanks for the heads-up Schoondog!!), and I had today off from work so went and grabbed em.

And yep, the pics to prove it happened ;lol

imacman,.... seems we are neighbors,.. im right up the road in Modena. Great score on those somersets, been waiting for lowes Loydd/Highland to get them in, I got two tons of green supremes from HD 209. They burn good with little ash but no wheres the heat like the somersets, I did get 10 bags of the green teams, what did they charge you for the somersets and are they getting more in?

imacman,.... seems we are neighbors,.. im right up the road in Modena. Great score on those somersets, been waiting for lowes Loydd/Highland to get them in, I got two tons of green supremes from HD 209. They burn good with little ash but no wheres the heat like the somersets, I did get 10 bags of the green teams, what did they charge you for the somersets and are they getting more in?
Hello neighbor! I paid $209 for the Somersets. They had a new shipment of GT already in, and according to Robbie at GT, the Newburgh store is getting more in within a month (see below). Best thing to do is to go to the store and ask the people in the section where they keep the wood & pellet stoves to look up on their computer for the next delivery......that's what I did.

As for those GS you got, as you found out, not good heat w/ them. They're just re-bagged NEWP, which haven't been any good for the past 3 yrs. Stick w/ the GT or Somersets in the future if you can get them.

Latest emails from Robbie stated that the Middletown Lowes has a shipment of GT's getting shipped on approx 10/29. Newburgh store 1/11, Poughkeepsie 10/23

"Stick w/ the GT or Somersets in the future if you can get them."

Yea,.. I like the GT's,... prob is they're getting 260 over here,.... somersets at 209!,.. I'll take those in hearbeat.!!

Just found 3.75 tons of Somersets sitting among 40 + tons of AWF at Menards In Big Rapids,MI. Got them for $169 a ton..SCORE!!! ;lol
did they have anymore left hiding back there?
I could use another 20-30 bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.