Something to ponder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

k0wtz

Nov 30, 2010
missouri
In my continual quest for the perfect gas heating stove I find Lennox has a line of gas heating stoves. Expensive maybe at $2500.00 but about in line with what I see posted. In watching my Vermont Castings Stardance B-Vent stove I see much heat going up the chimney the stove is designed that way nothing to be done with it...It seems to make its heat by the flame and heating up the cast-iron body of the stove!

But I have about $800.00 in ours its beautiful by the way it will take a lot to go from 60% to 80% efficiency. I dont think I can see much in savings so in my case I think I will say with what I have. A new house or addition maybe a bigger story!

I did all the work myself except the installing work on the vent pipe and I can see how those quotes can get to 5k or more for an install job after mark-up on the stove sale and all the gas line and venting labor costs!

As a note I found some real experts on this board willing to share their years of knowledge to make our install job work!

I am thankful for all the help!