Soon-to-be-PELLET stove owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmieguns

Dec 10, 2012
Long Island, NY
Hello All-Upon the great feedback from this community I ordered an Englander 1500 sq foot stove from AMFM on a recommendation. I hear Mike Holden is a great guy on the thread. Can you Pellet pros share some good wisdom for me so when i get it and start using it I am well-educated? Many thanks in advance. BTW- this stove is being used along with an old vermont casting wood stove. !

Welcome to the forum. There are MANY of us Englander owners here, so you have a lot of support. Oh, and his name is Mike Holton. He is the Senior Service Tech at Englander....a GREAT resource to have on here.

First thing you need to consider is stove placement......any ideas where it's going?

Welcome to the forum. There are MANY of us Englander owners here, so you have a lot of support. Oh, and his name is Mike Holton. He is the Senior Service Tech at Englander....a GREAT resource to have on here.

First thing you need to consider is stove placement......any ideas where it's going?
Hey IMAC- i think you were the one reco'd Mike and AMFM.......if so THANKS..yeah its going in my sitting room-the coldest room-it has cathedral ceiling just under my master br that is overlooking it with a loft. The sitting room and my bedroom are frigid evry winter- I am hoping the caddycorner install angled at my room upsstairs will heat the sitter and my br--need heat-- gonna use along with wood stove on other end of house--thought???

OK, yep....I remember your posts now. Glad you got the refurb from AMFM...they are good people to work with.

As for the location you're thinking about, maybe you can post some pics and include a floor layout showing the location you picked.

Remember, you don't want the stove exhaust going out the side of the house facing the prevailing winds if at all possible. Since your in LI, just like me up in the Hudson Valley, you don't want to go out a west facing wall.

OK, yep....I remember your posts now. Glad you got the refurb from AMFM...they are good people to work with.

As for the location you're thinking about, maybe you can post some pics and include a floor layout showing the location you picked.

Remember, you don't want the stove exhaust going out the side of the house facing the prevailing winds if at all possible. Since your in LI, just like me up in the Hudson Valley, you don't want to go out a west facing wall.
Thanks for the info-- installer wants to go thru the roof ....black pipe, etc....the open floor plan should let alot of heat travelthruout the house ,right?

In theory, but every house is different. I have an open floor plan for my stove and a very similar layout as yours.....2 bedrooms and a bath upstairs off a balcony with 18" cathedral ceiling. The upstairs bedrooms can be heated w/ the stove in my case.

Make sure installer uses an appliance adapter off the stove, plus a cleanout T. Have him follow the recommendations that Englander has in the manual.

In theory, but every house is different. I have an open floor plan for my stove and a very similar layout as yours.....2 bedrooms and a bath upstairs off a balcony with 18" cathedral ceiling. The upstairs bedrooms can be heated w/ the stove in my case.

Make sure installer uses an appliance adapter off the stove, plus a cleanout T. Have him follow the recommendations that Englander has in the manual.
ok THANKS will talk to him ofcourse. Thanks for heads-up

Status
Not open for further replies.