Soot inside the house. New Install, Hardly a lazy flame to be seen?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I close the damper too much, it causes the lazy sooty flame right? I do NOT have that. I can't get it closed more than 1/4" past the edge of the wall (original set point).....I also can't get it out all the way (to the set screw hole in the damper) so I won't be able to flip it anyway. I'm going to try and call Lennox today, since I don't konw what my dealer can do. They apparently just got into the stove biz (doing roofs and chimneys and fireplaces forever though), and the sales/installer doesn't know much about things.
I get a good amount of amber pellets bouncing around the burnpot, and lots of little hot ashes flying all over the place.
As per the montage's manual. It says the flame should not vary that much on a single heat output setting. Yet it can go from flame hitting the top, to hardly a flame at all.
This is why I am thinking there is too MUCH air going in.

Was burning Stove Chow, and now Natures Own (which actually, I just swapped with American Wood Fiber premium because Natures Own sooted like CRAZY.) And they are al behaving the same (ish)

Swore I replied to this SMW!
I'm running 1/4" closed from the edge of the stove wall as shown in the manuals and video. However, the smeggin' thing is STUCK. i can NOT get it to close more. Half the time when messing with it, I can't get it open gain without a hammer. After playing with it for a few ins and outs, it loosens up, but once I leave it any postions...I need the hammer. i gotta call Lennox about it ASAP and get it fixed. My dealer knew less than I did when he was installing the chimney!!!

Back to the issue. No popcorning, just the hot pellets bouncing around. I get lots of bright ash fairies blowing around the inside. However, the manual says not to have the flame change size much on a single heat setting. Well, it goes from licking the HE tubes, to almost no flame!!!! Even when I set it on high-output (meaning faster pellet drop I would imagine), and the same thing happens. That is why I want to close the damper more, but....damned if it won't slide closed more (judging by the set-screw slide hole on the damper adjustment plate...I got 1" on closed and 2" on open I can slide, IF I could slide it any more)

Status
Not open for further replies.