Squealing auger... read lots harman p61a

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Heatinwithpellets

Jan 28, 2020
Wells
Got graphite powder, but how to use it...also how do I clean the fines box, and where is it? Burning Okies about a bag a day. Used stove and new to us. Drives my husband crazy. I am the one who has no fears about messing around a bit with the stove!

Looking at front of stove, remove the panel on lower right. Just loosen the two bolts and you can slip that panel off. Directly above the big black distribution blower is a panel cover with a silver wing nut holding it on. Take the wing nut off then remove the cover and use a vacuum hose to suck out the sawdust. Hopefully somebody will send a picture of it. I'm at work or I would do that. As far as the graphite powder, I wait till the the pellets are down pretty low and then just throw a nice amount right on top of the pellets before they drop into the auger or if you don't want to wait, just remove most of the pellets until you have a small amount in that area

Reactions: Heatinwithpellets
Looking at front of stove, remove the panel on lower right. Just loosen the two bolts and you can slip that panel off. Directly above the big black distribution blower is a panel cover with a silver wing nut holding it on. Take the wing nut off then remove the cover and use a vacuum hose to suck out the sawdust. Hopefully somebody will send a picture of it. I'm at work or I would do that. As far as the graphite powder, I wait till the the pellets are down pretty low and then just throw a nice amount right on top of the pellets before they drop into the auger or if you don't want to wait, just remove most of the pellets until you have a small amount in that area
Thank you! The fines box doesn't come out right? It sort of moved around. I vacuumed and got some pellets out too. Finger crossed the graphite powder works!

Thank you! The fines box doesn't come out right? It sort of moved around. I vacuumed and got some pellets out too. Finger crossed the graphite powder works!
Just the cover comes off the fines box. Good luck with the graphite

The find box lid comes off you just push it up and it comes off.

See the blue arrow in the attached picture, this roller bearing is behind your auger motor, may want to give it a bit of grease on the surface from time to time too (your pusher arm will not have the weights that can be seen on this one depending on how old it is).

Attachments

• harman P61 pusher arm_LI.jpg
    harman P61 pusher arm_LI.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 110
This thread shows where to find your fines box