St Croix Hastings - Used

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love my Hastings. I've had it for several years. I will typically clean it every 10 bags or so. Every ton, I'll clean the vent. At season's end, I pay my stove dealer to do a complete tear down, clean and reassemble. I use a wet paper towel to clean off the inside of the glass whenever the stove shuts down. I never have to turn it up higher than 3 and it will easily keep my 1800 sqft upper level nice and toasty even on the coldest winter nights.

I've never had a problem.

Nice Stove, Install looks great.

Love my Hastings. I've had it for several years. I will typically clean it every 10 bags or so. Every ton, I'll clean the vent. At season's end, I pay my stove dealer to do a complete tear down, clean and reassemble. I use a wet paper towel to clean off the inside of the glass whenever the stove shuts down. I never have to turn it up higher than 3 and it will easily keep my 1800 sqft upper level nice and toasty even on the coldest winter nights.

I've never had a problem.
Ya St Croix makes a good looking stove, I came very close to buying one when I opted for a Harman. I liked two different model St Croix's actually. Well that thought is history now with the P61 in place for most of the past winter but I believe the St Croix would have been just fine.. The wife actually is the one who wanted the extra heating capacity of the P61, funny. What I liked was how easy it is to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.