St Croix Lancaster

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is primarily a corn burner but a local shop here is MA is selling them as pellet burner without any conversion kit. But they are selling them at a discount for reconditioned stoves. Sort of selling on the idea that they are multi-fuel...however; if you open the hopper lid it says CORN FUEL ONLY!
I looked at the fan and Its a FASCO combustion motor but am I correct that it's only 60 CMF? That seems too low for pellet. If so, the conversion kit would be a 150 CMF fan and a new burn pot right? The burn pot in it doesn't look like it has much air flow through the bottom.

St. Croix sell a "pellet" conversion for these stoves. I have a Pepin which is the Lancaster's pellet burning cousin. The only difference between the pellet and corn model. after the conversion, is the lack of the Versa-Grate in the Lancaster.

I'm not sure how well the stove would burn pellets without the conversion.

smwilliamson said:
This is primarily a corn burner but a local shop here is MA is selling them as pellet burner without any conversion kit. But they are selling them at a discount for reconditioned stoves. Sort of selling on the idea that they are multi-fuel...however; if you open the hopper lid it says CORN FUEL ONLY!
I looked at the fan and Its a FASCO combustion motor but am I correct that it's only 60 CMF? That seems too low for pellet. If so, the conversion kit would be a 150 CMF fan and a new burn pot right? The burn pot in it doesn't look like it has much air flow through the bottom.
I also have the PEPIN and from what I read they really don't recommend you buy the Lancaster if all your going to burn is pellets.
It was redesigned with a different burn pot and as Krooser said no Versa Grate.

Status
Not open for further replies.