1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

St. Croix Lancaster

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Bob Sorjanen, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Bob Sorjanen

Bob Sorjanen Member

Loc:
    Edgecomb Maine
    I just purchased a used Lancaster. It is good condition, comes with both the pellet and corn pots, and selkirk venting, all thats needed is a wall thimble. The PO couldn't get it to run pellets real good and didn't want to fool around anymore. He purchased a Harman P43. I got the stove for $200.00, I think I may have done alright on this one. I hope

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Hellfire

Hellfire Member

Loc:
    Sunbury , PA 17801
    If in working condition you got a real good deal;)
    Even if some parts are needed some are not bad in $$ but some can cost more $$$$
    You did see it operate?
  3. ben153

ben153 Member

Loc:
    Finger Lakes Region of UNY
    It's a good deal if in working order. I bought mine new in '09 for $2500. Maintenance wise, cleaning every week. Ran Corn/wood pellet combo for first 3 yrs. 2012 is looking to be pellets only. Have both burn pots but have not switched from the corn pot to burn wood pellets. Primarily run on 1-4 (lowest setting) all winter long. I do know the corn/wood pellet mixture does burn hotter. This could be due to the sugar in the corn. I just replaced the door gasket on my Lancaster and have had great luck with it.
  4. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Density of corn per cubic foot is higher then pellets, so higher btus per the same feed rate on most stoves. I will miss burning corn. Propane like flame, blue with some yellow.
  5. Bob Sorjanen

Bob Sorjanen Member

Loc:
    Edgecomb Maine
    yes saw it work , so believe I might have got a good deal. soon will get it hooked up and going then will post some pics of the install. now will have to stoves to work with my daughter has a englander and I have the Lancaster.