St Croix SCF-050

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsirois

Jun 14, 2008
Amherst, NH
Anyone have any experience with these? A used one (one year old) is for sale locally and although it's not my first choice, it probably could do the trick. I just can't seem to find many reviews for it.

Thanks!

Be aware, it's a corn stove. That being said, there is a kit to adapt it to multifuel that is probably still available. I'll probably get in trouble,( but I'm used to it) for this, but you may want to check iburncorn.com, there are a number of folks there with the 050's

New to the forum but I just had one of these installed and started running it last night. To burn pellets, all you need to do is remove a bracket around the burn pot.

I have been running a Harmon Accentra since around 2001 in an unheated portion off the back of my house so that it's usable year-round. This SCF-050 should be able to heat the rest of the house once I have it fully hooked up to the duct work.

I have a new-to-me St Croix Greenfield corn burner (with a pellet pot) that's going in place of my old Pepin...which is going in my shop (soon, I hope!)...

Status
Not open for further replies.