Stainless Chimney Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bully
STEEL BRUSHES ALL THE WAY, YA WOOSIES~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poly brushes are for girly girls.

Hogwildz said:
Bully
STEEL BRUSHES ALL THE WAY, YA WOOSIES~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poly brushes are for girly girls.

Damn guy must be a "wild biker" or something? :lol: Always contrary.

BrotherBart said:
Only one I went to was the 25th.
I've gone to most of mine. Nothing like having the girls that you didn't have the guts to ask out ask "Why didn't you ever ask me out ? :shut:

I don't have my chimney yet so I'll probably have to melt a poly brush before I can comment on-topic here.

rdrcr56 said:
I had the same question ,so I called Simpson and they said to use the poly brush.

I also called Simpson about my DuraPlus and asked the same about 6 weeks ago. I was told by the tech I could use either. I guess it just depends on who you talk to. I ended up using a Poly brush because there was hardly any buildup and I figured I could always get a metal brush if the Poly one did a crappy job of it. It appeared to clean it nicely though.

I think I just soiled myself ;)

Hogwildz said:

A metal brush will take care of it. :coolgrin:

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:

A metal brush will take care of it. :coolgrin:

Nah, I think the this would be the only job for the poly, Since its softer and doesn't scratch.

Hogwildz said:

Oh, I get it "crappy job" = soiled myself, very good. :lol: It sounds like a personal problem though, and I'm no shrink, I'm a brain surgeon. I'd like to help 'ya, but I'm over qualified. Anyone? :roll:
Snyde

Are you all insane? Use the poly brush. Wire brushes are for conservatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.