Stainless liner on it's way!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
brotherbart who makes this "zero clearances liner" you are talking about?

Liner was on my front steps today when I got home. Unfortunately I was hoping to have the top of my chimney rebuilt today but due to rain I wasn't able to do that. In addition to that 4 hydraulic cylinders that I had out of my skidder were ready this morning so I have that to do as well. A little welding needs to be done and hopefully tomorrow I will have my skidder back together then I can focus my attention back on getting my chimney squared away weather permitting!

Wish me luck.

Craig

Well you had better get you'r a** in gear. Because we have a linner to put in, a wood stove to install and timber to cut in Orange Ma.

What do you need? I got crimpers and every metal snips you could possibly need a 4' grinder witha thin metal blade is real handy.

Got some metal here if you need a block off plate All kinds of moving equipment piano dolly two wheeler just ler me know what you may need

Pm me I will exchange phone ##

elkimmeg said:
What do you need? I got crimpers and every metal snips you could possibly need a 4' grinder witha thin metal blade is real handy.

Got some metal here if you need a block off plate All kinds of moving equipment piano dolly two wheeler just ler me know what you may need

Pm me I will exchange phone ##

Hi Elk,

I pm'd you with my # Thanks alot!

Craig

Malogger how goes the chimney fixing?

earthharvester said:
Malogger how goes the chimney fixing?

Got most of the bricks put back up. Will finish that up tomorrow. Then in goes the liner after that. I guess it is supposed to rain all day on Saturday so I guess I will be installing the liner on x-mas eve day!

Craig

Well hurry up this warm weather is not going to last for ever, and I don't want to be on the roof with snow on it.

earthharvester said:
Well hurry up this warm weather is not going to last for ever, and I don't want to be on the roof with snow on it.

The chimney will be done today so we can put the liner in tomorrow. It won't be snowing just a little rain!

Craig

Chimney is done and ready for the liner. Nice blue-stone cap, not bad now for a 100 year old chimney. Looks like we are going t get rained out tomorrow so I guess Sunday is liner day!

Craig

Merry Christmas All.

After my kids tore open all their presents it was time to tackle the liner install. I am happy to report that the liner is in the chimney insulation wire mesh and all. Tested the draft with a cigarette and if I had let go of it I am pretty sure it would have gone right up the pipe. Now I just have to finish sealing the chimney opening and getting the stove hooked up and inspected.
Then it will be showtime!!!

Craig

Nice job but WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!

earthharvester said:
Nice job but WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!

No pictures yet! But we have fire!!!! The only thing that sucks is I have been running fans sucking all the toxic smoke from first burn so all the heat is going outside with the smoke. Other than that it is working well. Excellent draft with the insulated liner.
I will try to get some pictures and post them when I can.

Can't wait till I can crank it 24/7.

Craig

Craig I did call your cell phone last week to offer a hand but you never returned the call. It seems you got there good going
Any idea where you might get some wood?????

elkimmeg said:
Craig I did call your cell phone last week to offer a hand but you never returned the call. It seems you got there good going
Any idea where you might get some wood?????

Hi Elk,

I didn't get a message but thanks for the offer!
I think I may be able to come up with a little wood! :)
Give me a call and come by for a cold beer!

Craig

PCTUUUUURRRRREEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I just got back from having my wisdom teeth taken out so I wont be by today.

The chimney depot supply and rocford supply had the best liner prices and warranties that I could find on the web(20+ hrs.); both had great prices on ins. wraps, too! Rocford offered free shipping!!!

chocolateporcupine said:
The chimney depot supply and rocford supply had the best liner prices and warranties that I could find on the web(20+ hrs.); both had great prices on ins. wraps, too! Rocford offered free shipping!!!

I got free shipping with my order from chimney liner depot!

Stove is going pretty good now, I took a few photos will try to post later!

Craig

Craig after all the cider Webwidow fed me yesterday that beer offer is sounding might goooood

This will be a good night to see what it does good luck If you want, I can take some picture for you and post them

As Roo usually says m show me the fire fire

How did it go last night and where are the PICTURES?

Status
Not open for further replies.