Started on the Maple I cut down.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
After fixing the saw situation I had a couple days ago, I went out today and bucked up most of the tree this afternoon.
Back started buggin' me, I ran out of fuel, and the ribs in the crock pot were calling, so I quit.;lol 0928121622.jpg0928121623.jpg 0928121623a.jpg
Tomorrow's another day. Maybe I can finish and start the splitting.:cool:

I'd be running for the rib's too after that. Guess what, the rounds will still be there in the morning!

Reactions: ScotO and Gark
Yep, ribs trump maple. The maple has been around many years. It will wait.

Decided to get the saw running and do it the easy way, huh? ;lol

Reactions: PapaDave
Steady progress.
I highly recommend 3 - 200mg ibuprofen tomorrow morning right after breakfeast with your coffee. ;)

After fixing the saw situation I had a couple days ago, I went out today and bucked up most of the tree this afternoon.
Back started buggin' me, I ran out of fuel, and the ribs in the crock pot were calling, so I quit.;lol
Tomorrow's another day. Maybe I can finish and start the splitting.:cool:

Sounds like you stopped at the right time Dave. Not good to hear about the back though.

Looks like some nice firewood, have the wife take care of that back PapaDave!

zap

Nice looking firewood.

Hope the back gets to feeling better.

Got about 1/3 of the tree split today. Need a couple more poplar cut down as sleepers on the ground so I can start stacking.
Had to stop to go help my SIL at her house. I forgot how much wood is on her property needing cleanup (we took a walk through the woods to assess).
Going over there tomorrow to work on a couple that are on the ground.
There will probably be some rounds in the back of the Jeep on the way home.;)

Got about 1/3 of the tree split today. Need a couple more poplar cut down as sleepers on the ground so I can start stacking.
Had to stop to go help my SIL at her house. I forgot how much wood is on her property needing cleanup (we took a walk through the woods to assess).
Going over there tomorrow to work on a couple that are on the ground.
There will probably be some rounds in the back of the Jeep on the way home.;)

You suddenly have wood coming at you from several directions.
A good problem to have ;)

Oh, I've had the wood available, just that I had all that log load wood to deal with before.:cool:
This will be a bit more work to get though. SIL's house is only about 4 miles from us, so a trip here, and a trip there, and I'll be swimming in the stuff.
Is that a new wood hoarding category?:cool:

Reactions: ScotO
Keep on Dave. You are doing fine. When are you getting the new stove?

Still a bit unsure, Dennis. It'll for sure be in before next burn season.
Still working on the Maple (had to cut down some poplar for sleepers first), but that one should be done by tomorrow or maybe Wednesday. Going to my brother's tomorrow for a bit.

" Pushing the bar & chain through the tree with the saw attached wasn't getting me anywhere."

-- You have to engage the chain brake for that to work. I learned that the hard way. Quite frankly, it seems to work much better with the engine running and the brake disengaged. LOL.

Reactions: PapaDave
Nice haul Dave! I missed this thread due to the trip I took with the scouts last weekend. As for the saw, they can be HELL to get through wood at a low RPM. ;)

Yes Dave , I agree, "Swimming in wood" should be an additional category

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.