steel studs for hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bsj425 said:
Hey what did you use to attach your trim to your tile? I am trimming mine up today and need some advice. Just general construction adhesive or something special to get the wood to bond to the tile?

i left a gap at the bottom and put a 1/2" x 1" all teh way around and screwed it to the metal stud, then i nailed my trim into that.

greythorn3 said:
WoodNStuff said:
greythorn3, first off, your hearth and stove installation looks great. Very professional. Question is this: did you use screws or pop rivets to assemble the steel studs?

used pop rivets, then screwed the concrete board to them.

Did you use the special cement board screws? How well did they screw into the steel stud material? What I mean is did the cement board screws hold tight and not strip out? Or did you have to do anything different to get those screws to work?

Thanks in advance. I'm about to screw Durock to steel studs and looking for some advice.

just them green screws for cement board, worked really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.