Stihl 036/ Trade/ What its worth? Got It! (Updated w/Pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DexterDay said:
thinkxingu said:
Really, it's not costing you a penny since you own both the pellets and wood. And I bet if you're smart, you could make up much of that with smart burning. Free 036!

S

Having spent the money... Yeah.. Its "Kinda Free"... Kinda

He is supposed to bring it in tomorrow. I called him an hour ago and told him to put it in the truck. Said he was doing it..

Oh.... AND.... It may be an even better deal. I have 2 pressure washers. A Excel 2800 PSI w/Honda motor from HD ($700) and an old electric 1700 PSI ($100) from Wal-Mart a couple of years back. Instead of the Wood, He said he may just take the Pellets and the electric Washer. I use the Gasser mainly anyways (More Power). That would let me keep my WOOD... Love that deal even more.

So HOPEFULLY Pics tomorrow.... When I get home from my Sons baseball banquet in the late evening (Around now).

Well. He forgot it again. He PROMISED he is bringing it in tomorrow...... If he doesnt, I am calling Bull$h!t and he doesnt want to sell it, or he wants more for it.......

Either way. Pics tomorrow. Told him he is making me look bad. Keep talking about it, and nothing is coming about.. (This is like my Facebook, My Wife LOVES her some Facebook)

Thanks for everyones comments. Always a lot of help.

Well.... He brought it in.. I am getting ready to leave work. (posting from phone) Will clean it up and take pics and post later this evening. The bar that's on it (24") is a little rusty (been sittin 3 yrs) and he forgot the 20". So exuse the bar when I post pics. But the Powerhead looks unused. Very little hrs on this machine. Feeling like a Lucky Man today. I'm gonna stop and play the lottery. LOL

DexterDay said:
Well.... He brought it in.. I am getting ready to leave work. (posting from phone) Will clean it up and take pics and post later this evening. The bar that's on it (24") is a little rusty (been sittin 3 yrs) and he forgot the 20". So exuse the bar when I post pics. But the Powerhead looks unused. Very little hrs on this machine. Feeling like a Lucky Man today. I'm gonna stop and play the lottery. LOL

Congrats!

Well.... Here She is. Finally!!! I cleaned it up a bit, but there wasnt much to clean. The 1st pics of all my saws and my Rancher side by Side are when I 1st got home. Very clean. Un-abused. I still cannot believe I got it. (esp for what I got in it) .. The bottom of the Saw is in better shape than my 3 month old 455. My buddy "estimated" around 3-5 cord??

Its got a 24" bar on it now. He supposidly has a 20" and a couple chains. I would hope an 036 wouldnt come from a dealer w/ a 24" on it. Not saying it cant do it (Skipper), but its no skipper thats on that bar. He said it "Pulled" it Great.

I am gonna pull the plug on it tomorrow when I bring home the "Scope" from work (Milwaukee snake cam, will fit thru plug hole so I can see cylinder walls).

Still Fired right up when I got it home. . . Love it. Stihl 036..... $225.00

Attachments

• All 4 Saws and gear.jpg
    All 4 Saws and gear.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Stihl 036 and Rancher 455.jpg
    Stihl 036 and Rancher 455.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Stihl 1 (inside).jpg
    Stihl 1 (inside).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 233
  • Stihl 2.jpg
    Stihl 2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 235
  • Stihl 3.jpg
    Stihl 3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Stihl 4.jpg
    Stihl 4.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Stihl 5.jpg
    Stihl 5.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Stihl 6 (bottom).jpg
    Stihl 6 (bottom).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 236
And my Favorite... Couldnt fit on last post (8 pic max)

Wow.. This thing Revs much faster than my Husqvarna's.... Much Faster. Maybe thats why people preach Stihl. Or maybe because its a few more cc's than my Rancher??? Dont know yet. Just know its my 1st Stihl and I LIKE IT....

Can someone help me with "Muffler Mod". What do I have to do???? I already want it to have more Power! LOL

Attachments

• Stihl 7 ¤.jpg
    Stihl 7 ¤.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 237
DexterDay said:

Can someone help me with "Muffler Mod". What do I have to do????

Dude that looks brand new.....I wouldnt worry about a muff mod on an 036 there pretty open to began with. Look for a dual port muffler cover....

DexterDay said:

Wow.. This thing Revs much faster than my Husqvarna's.... Much Faster. Maybe thats why people preach Stihl. Or maybe because its a few more cc's than my Rancher??? Dont know yet. Just know its my 1st Stihl and I LIKE IT....

Can someone help me with "Muffler Mod". What do I have to do???? I already want it to have more Power! LOL
Thing of beauty! Congrats, great trade!

NICE!!!! I'm soooooo jealous. +1 to no muffler mod, but DP cover is great on those things. Now about all that "off color orange in the pics"......... LOL Have fun with it. A C

I decided that it's too similar to your husky in power. My offer still stands...

Danno77 said:
I decided that it's too similar to your husky in power. My offer still stands...
Thanks Danno. But I think I am gonna keep it. I am going to sell my 435 though. They are about $300 new. Will trade or take reasonable offers (still new, $200 cash or trade).

That 036 is a Beast. Seems like its RPM range is much higher than my other Saws. I have drank the Stihl "Juice" and I like it.

Great looking saw Dexter....welcome to the world of pro saws.

I'd leave the 036 muffler alone and do the 455's.

Status
Not open for further replies.