Stihl 08S ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLINT

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2008
Western VA Mtns.
Hey guys,

Was talking to my dad the other night and he said that he has an old Stihl 08S or Super 08 or something like that. He said he would like to get that running again, said it needs new gas lines and something else. Does anyone know if parts are still available for this saw? He said he thought it was made in the late 60s.

Thanks!

ebay and aborist site would be two good resource for parts.

worthless piece of garbage, I'll give you $20 and true shipping.....

Danno77 said:

haha, yeah right. my dad doesn't get rid of anything.

also, thanks, I found that you can get a lot of parts on ebay. I'm going down there mon/tues/wed. to cut wood, and were going to take a look at it and see what it needs.

also, I checked out arboristsite, and it looks cool, but I'd rather not join another forum, but maybe I will if I really need some info.

FLINT said:
Danno77 said:

haha, yeah right. my dad doesn't get rid of anything.

also, thanks, I found that you can get a lot of parts on ebay. I'm going down there mon/tues/wed. to cut wood, and were going to take a look at it and see what it needs.

also, I checked out arboristsite, and it looks cool, but I'd rather not join another forum, but maybe I will if I really need some info.

most stuff you will find on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.