Stihl Parts Suppliers(Stihl 048 AV)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kruger

Oct 14, 2008
SE Wyoming
I'm looking for an air filter for my old 048. Does anyone know who I could contact for a part this outdated?

Ebay is the only place I can find parts for my 032.

MMaul said:
Ebay is the only place I can find parts for my 032.
dito ebay!

Thanks,
Ebay doesn't have any for a "048." Does the 048 share a filter with any other model? I've seen the 048 and 032 have things incommon, but the air filter isn't one of them. The saw runs great, but the airfilter is the next item that's going to need some attention.

Sidenote: I had it serviced in Cheyenne and the tech said he called the Stihl parts rep and was told not to even suggest trying to find the airfilter online. The parts rep told the tech to tell me it was time to get a new saw! I'd have to spend around $850 on a new 460 to replace mine 048. All I need is an air filter.

WYO said:
Thanks,
Ebay doesn't have any for a "048." Does the 048 share a filter with any other model? I've seen the 048 and 032 have things incommon, but the air filter isn't one of them. The saw runs great, but the airfilter is the next item that's going to need some attention.

Sidenote: I had it serviced in Cheyenne and the tech said he called the Stihl parts rep and was told not to even suggest trying to find the airfilter online. The parts rep told the tech to tell me it was time to get a new saw! I'd have to spend around $850 on a new 460 to replace mine 048. All I need is an air filter.
keep wacthing ebay and racesaw.com one of those guys maybe able to come up with one!

smokinj said:
WYO said:
Thanks,

keep wacthing ebay and racesaw.com one of those guys maybe able to come up with one!(I wouldnt give up its out there)

should be able to mod. it, try at the auto parts store and see if a k and n filter will fit ( the ones that go in the old value cover breathers)

I'm in the same boat with the 032 I will be getting a new saw when I get taxes back.

The three Stihl filters on the link you provided are a "car" style filter. I suppose I could modify my carb and cover to fit that style, but I'd like to avoid that. Thanks for the link though.

WYO said:
The three Stihl filters on the link you provided are a "car" style filter. I suppose I could modify my carb and cover to fit that style, but I'd like to avoid that. Thanks for the link though.
scroll down to the stihl saws

You've got me confused. I did scroll down and there are only three Stihl filters listed, right? Each of those are a circular "car" filter style...doesn't work for an 048. Am I missing something?

WYO said:
You've got me confused. I did scroll down and there are only three Stihl filters listed, right? Each of those are a circular "car" filter style...doesn't work for an 048. Am I missing something?
no you didnt miss any thing when you said car filter i thought you where looking at the small engine filters!

WYO said:
I'm looking for an air filter for my old 048. Does anyone know who I could contact for a part this outdated?

A 042 takes the same part number

WYO said:

To me, an 048 is a relatively "modern" saw. Our dealership was selling 040s and S10s when they were new.

Lately I've needed some Stihl parts not to be found in the USA, and got them on the German Ebay. Try searching there.

You might also try looking / posting over on arboristsite - they have lots of Stihl experts over there that can probably help you out.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.