stihl rs chains

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on the fence about starting to spin loops. Stihl chain is crazy expensive in loops, but rolls aren't that bad. From two different dealers in the last week I was offered 3/8ths, 50 gauge RS for $319 roll and $325 for RSK "Klasssic". That gets loops into the reasonable range.

I've got a bunch of brand new 3/8ths x 50 x 72 DL Woodland pro, and Carlton or Windsor, PM me if interested.

I was at Lowes grabbing some things for the upcoming Nor'easter, and I saw stihl chains for $19.99 and $33.99 for 2. Of course, you have to check the model on the chain box, as the bars differ. But 2-for-1 at the box store beats what you were paying.... if you can find the right one.

I have yet to see "yellow" label chains sold at box/farm stores. Its possible that other areas may, but not around these parts. Stihl RS/RSC is considered "non-safety" or "yellow label" chain.

I have yet to see "yellow" label chains sold at box/farm stores. Its possible that other areas may, but not around these parts. Stihl RS/RSC is considered "non-safety" or "yellow label" chain.

On the box the chain was listed compatible with certain saws. Stihl was listed on some of them. Like I said, you'd have to check to make sure it was correct for your saw. Personally, I go to a Stihl dealer for my stuff. But I'm a compulsive browser every time I walk into a box store. I can't seem to leave without drop $50 on stuff I really don't need.

Reactions: clemsonfor
Reactions: clemsonfor
Status
Not open for further replies.