Still learning - Sierra 2100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2013
Maine
Have had my new to me Sierra 2100 for a bit and have had to rethink my burning ways after having home built stoves and circulators . My current stove is a bit sentimental but controlable for the most part . My biggest issue has been keeping stove temps within reason . It especially got a bit scary after replacing my baffle and putting in the missing reburn tube. Man did it look like the gates of h*ll when I loaded it up .

After fine tuning my burn process I have been happy . Of course record cold temps did not help my situation since it gave me a crazy draft , but I got by . And I actually read the manual and found out they recommend n/s loading and I have been doing e/w since all my wood is cut to long for n/s . Still working on getting the burn just right in e/w configuration .
Only thing that bothers me is that without the use of the blower it is easy to get past 700 with even a half load . Had to add just a split or two at a time when we lost power . Luckily had the generator running the next day but made for a sleepless night .

Overall I really do like this stove. Just takes a bit to get used to after years of old school stoves. Wish there were more people out there that had them to compare notes .

Status
Not open for further replies.