1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Stop me before I do something bad.

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by DavidV, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidV

DavidV New Member

Loc:
    Richmond VA
    Ok....didn't happen today. I got them mated together. Each length had 4 screw holes in the connector. I doubled that. I ovalized it and It turned out pretty good. BUT... my big ladder is no longer servicable. It's just not safe. I tried putting one of my 24's to the lower edge of the roof and scrambling up but the pitch is more than 45 degrees so I decided I need to regroup on this one. 36 and 40 foot ladders are freaking expensive ...but I can do that or hire a local handyman to come over and help. Either way it's more cash before I'm done. I'll jump on this tomorrow so I can get it set up. I am comfortable with the joined sections so I guess things turned out ok.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    This is why it is best to pay a little more and buy local.
  3. recppd

recppd New Member

Loc:
    North Shore, MA
    This can be true, but I can attest to the problem I had buying a liner locally. NO ONE would sell me one! They said it was too much liability on their end. What liability? Basically, if you wanted one locally, you had to have it installed by them as well. Unfortunately the cheapest quote I got was $1,400! Thank god for Ebay!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.