Stormy Weekend Ahead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im bringing wood up on the deck here in the mtns of WV. Been mid to upper 70's all week. Calling for a good snowfall possibly next few days. Im ready!!! time to do some 24/7 burning in the new progress hybrid.
They are callin for three feet of snow for you...you're going to get mighty fond of the PH in the next few days...Have fun with it.

Reactions: raybonz
My stove goes in monday....we might be using it sooner than expected.. We have plenty of lanterns and stoves (coleman collector) so cooking and lighting is all set too. Only thing is the freezer and the fridge..generator next...hehehe

Hope the service call is still on for Monday with the weather predictions...

Got in the car at the family home outside NYC at 3 AM Sunday to head back up to my home here in S Ontario. Turned on the radio and heard "major earthquake Western Canada...tsunami warmings in effect for West Coast of US from California to Oreon, tsunami warning for the HI Islands for 4:28 AM out time, 10:28 local time.." Well, great. I'm leaving a son here to deal with Sandy, have a son is Seattle, hope they'll be OK as in no earhtuakes, an have a daughter whose home is in the evacuation zone on Maui...so back into the house to call and be sure everyone is OK...daughter is already up the mountain, at 1500 feet, so I am good to go.

What a week. And I now see the hurricane has strengtened to steady winds of 85, with further strengening expected before landfall. Well, just great. Supposedly thi is going to worse than the storm of '39, which separated LI, drowned RI, reached to NH and Big Rideau Lake, So Ontario, Barometric pressure is down to about 27, just like that storm. People thought there barometers were broken back then. Scary storm approaching. Long periods of sustained winds that are hurricane force, with gusts up over 100. Hurricane force winds for a 350 mile diameter area...Gale force winds 800 mile diameter...one huge storm.

Hope everyone is safe, without too much damage and/or too long without power. :rolleyes:

I wonder how many will be returned after the storm....nice time to pick one up if you need a new one.
+1- that's how I got my no-name 3500 for $249 at HD.

This is the worst storm i have ever seen in my 38 years. NYC is out of power south of 40th street and mass flooding is underway in most of the tri state area. Two fatalities reported in the NY Metro

NYC is in a world of hurt right now. The damage from all that salt water in tunnels and subways is going to be extensive. This shot is from the lower eastside about an hour ago. Go to the Inglenook forum for more updates.

eastside.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.