Stove already paid for itself in one year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I get a pretty good burn time. I do however have to deal with a wide range of temperature fluctuations with the full burn cycles. I usually load up at 8pm and have enough heat and coals to reload at 5am. I then reload a half load at 3pm over coals again. Stove room (1,000sf) gets to 80 and the rest of the house is usually around 67-70. I have fans everywhere moving the cold air to the stove room. Took a while to figure it out.

The Madison 50 SSW01 is the smaller one. The sometimes called "Monroe" 50 SSW02 is the larger of the two. Regardless, heating that volume space in a cold climate with one stove is impressive.

Never heard of it called the Monroe. Good to know! I've followed the reports of door and frame issues closely, but after a year, I've determined that I must have gotten a good one.

Blasts secondaries and never runs away from me. Leaves only a very fine powdery ash.