Stove Board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Homesteader23

Oct 24, 2015
Michigan
Does anyone know of a source,to get a metal clad stove board.I see them and have one that is 36"x52".But my new old stove requires a 52"x44".I have not been able to source one.I really don"t want to lay tile if I can help it. And I have saw pre-fabbed tile hearth"s but they are expensive. If any info on the stove board please let me know.

What stove do you have? Most older stoves need much more than a simple stove pad.

It's a Fisher Type IV GrandPa Bear.I'm not sure if it"s enough either. It does have a heat shield on the bottom,and the UL tag call's for a 3/8"inch non combustible millboard. I have a stove pad that is too narrow, but it is 3/8".The stove is going in an area that might be temporary.I will know after this Winter,so I would like to just use a pad if I could.

It's a Fisher Type IV GrandPa Bear.I'm not sure if it"s enough either. It does have a heat shield on the bottom,and the UL tag call's for a 3/8"inch non combustible millboard. I have a stove pad that is too narrow, but it is 3/8".The stove is going in an area that might be temporary.I will know after this Winter,so I would like to just use a pad if I could.
As long as the legs of the Fisher havnt been cut off you should be ok. But i dont know where you can get one big enough.

Does anyone know of a source,to get a metal clad stove board.I see them and have one that is 36"x52".But my new old stove requires a 52"x44".I have not been able to source one.I really don"t want to lay tile if I can help it. And I have saw pre-fabbed tile hearth"s but they are expensive. If any info on the stove board please let me know.

Homesteader23, I really don't know but when I installed fire paces I thought I seen some in copper field's book. Just maybe you might ask them. I found out that they are real good people and even if they don't make a sell they will steer you to the right place.

J.R.

Homesteader23, I really don't know but when I installed fire paces I thought I seen some in copper field's book. Just maybe you might ask them. I found out that they are real good people and even if they don't make a sell they will steer you to the right place.

J.R.
Copperfeild is now owned by homedepot. They are not the same as they used to be.

Copperfeild is now owned by homedepot. They are not the same as they used to be.
I did not know that. I guess I am glad I got out when I did. I live here in Colorado and had plenty of opportunity to do fireplace work and I declined. Someone must be watching me for sure. Thanks for the info bholler

I did not know that. I guess I am glad I got out when I did. I live here in Colorado and had plenty of opportunity to do fireplace work and I declined. Someone must be watching me for sure. Thanks for the info bholler
There are plenty of other companies we had stopped using copperfeild before that anyway.