Stove maintenance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

So far this year I have cleaned the chimney twice. Its straight up and out from the stove. I have also given the stove a good vacuum inside, any gaps, the dog house etc. Do you think anything else needs to be addressed? what about between the secondary plate and the stove top? Can that section up to the flu get caked at all and usually need cleaning, or does a usual hot burn take care of that area? Thx :)

There is always going to be a pile of soot on top of the baffle. Stuff falls back down the pipe.

probably dont have to remove the baffle, vac it or brush it out and you are good to go.

Your stove has a removable top that is gasketed. Take out the shipping bolts and you can then lift it off for easy cleaning on top of the baffle. You can leave the bolts off if you want.

BeGreen said:
Your stove has a removable top that is gasketed. Take out the shipping bolts and you can then lift it off for easy cleaning on top of the baffle. You can leave the bolts off if you want.

Ditto, Thats what I do.

Thx guys. The end of the season is nearing, and I will do a thorough cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.