stove on its way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ejevans22

Feb 7, 2010
south east pa
ordered my first stove last night and its on its way. a napoleon 1400. I've posted before about which stove to get and have setteled on this one. Im also planning on installing it my self with the help of my contractor buddies. has anyone installed a free standing wood stove, chimney and all, on there own? I have printed out the installation instructions for the chimney and it seems pretty simple.
looking forward to burning with everyone!

Alot of us on here have installed our stoves and liners on our own, take your time and ask as many questions as you need to feel safe with doing it yourself. There are many youtube install videos out there and plenty of advice on this site. Post up some pictures of what your looking to do, that always helps get the answers flowing.

I hope you got a great off season deal on that stove. Napoleon makes a decent wood burning stove. You should get a lot of years out of it. Show us some photos of inside/outside where it is going to be installed, maybe you can get some pre install advice

Here is a picture of where i am going to be installing the stove. This forum is a great place and im looking forward to keeping you guys up to speed on the install and receiving some advice. i don't think i got that good of a deal. i paid $1200 for the stove, door, legs, and air circulator.
The stove will be going were the tall lamp is.

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-03-24 at 10.42.jpg
    Photo on 2010-03-24 at 10.42.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 321
Congratulations. Good choice. It should fit in nicely. That isn't a bad price and you will get a tax credit.

thanks, we are really excited to be warm this winter. last winter we were freezing. ill be posting more pics as the we continue with the install. how much wood does everyone burn in a season? i've heard 3 cords a season....

My chimney run is over 16 feet (6 inch stove pipe connecting to 8 inch class A). The people I consulted for installation information neglected to mension that I should install Class A Chimney supports every 6-8 feet. This way the weight of the stack is disctributed over more than just the one on the bottom.

They also said, my draw would be affected by my going through two 90 and one 45 degree angle joints. They were wrong. My 1900 blasts heat and I have never had a problem with draw.

This is the only advice I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.