Stove Pipe Adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LIBurn1784

Sep 9, 2011
Long Island, NY
This may be a silly question, but do you have to use a stove pipe adapter on all installations? Meaning to fit the black stove pipe into the top of the stove? Or does it vary by stove/pipe brand?

I have three stoves, three different brands. One of them needs a specific adaptor [there are a few different ones, not all will fit on a given stove/stovepipe set-up, I got a wrong one and had to send it back for exchange]. One stove needs a reducer only from the stovepipe. The third stove needs nothing, the stovepipe fits perfectly without any adaptor.

So, it depends.

Thanks for the reply. The stove pipe I have now fits in it with no adapter or anything, however its not the stovepipe I'll be using in my install. So I guess I'll have to order the pipe and than figure it out once I have it in place.

Depends. I haveno choice but to shove the simpson double wall snout directly into my hearthstone. It's a great fit. I bought an "appliance adapter" fitted with a key damper and tried to install it. No go. The adapter was too small, too tight a taper. Had to put it back in the box and I really wanted to use that damper.

This is one of the more frustrating stove experiences I've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.