Stove pipe clearance issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
they are wrapped non essential collar ties. The ridge is a doubled up and bolted double 1-3/4x20“ lvl with posts to the foundation on both ends. I built the whole thing from the footings up. (I’m a carpenter) I only subbed out the stove install and the gutters. I can remove the beam wrap, remove one of the doubled up collar ties (my sealed drawings only show 1 anyway), pack out the remaining collar tie flush with the side of the rafter, re wrap with the mitered pine, then patch up the 2 spots on each end of the beam where I pulled out the tie. I will then have the look I am after and be code compliant.

I really am thinking about adding that extension and reworking the pipe though. Seems pretty simple. would I have to remove the chimney that goes through the roof to put on the extension?
Seems like a much easier option than moving the beam. After a few weeks I don't think you'd notice the difference. The focal point is the stove and wall, not what is happening up behind a beam.
[/QUOTE
Seems like a much easier option than moving the beam. After a few weeks I don't think you'd notice the difference. The focal point is the stove and wall, not what is happening up behind a beam.
Is this the extension?

Attachments

• Stove pipe clearance issue
    40D9CE4F-096D-48F9-AAE0-6DA780199155.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 91
    3454BF2D-C6FE-4333-9A8B-7CF2F08FB437.png
    234 KB · Views: 91
Id just remove every other one, starting with the offending one. Design is subjective but there are too many for my taste. Your solution will certainly work and nobody will notice.

Moved the beam wrap. Closest spot is now 6-1/2”. Can’t see the difference in spacing. Ceiling paint even blended in perfect. Thanks for all the info guys.

Attachments

80268CD8-B51F-48BA-BFC6-8690C6BD8541.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 72
    4346B5EE-E5DD-42D2-8E1C-6F20AE36314E.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 95
Now hurry up and get burning you have a lot of catching up to do. lol