Stove pipe reconfiguration

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mccorb

Apr 8, 2019
Tulsa OK
I just had a new wood stove installed. The stove pipe goes up about 4 ft and then goes through a 45 to turn it back towards the corner, then a 12 inch piece then another 45 to turn it back to the ceiling. The stove is a corner install with picture windows behind it and the pipe blocks the view more than I would like. I am wanting to change the 4ft-45-1ft-45 stove to ceiling configuration to be a 45-1ft-45-4ft so that the pipe is closer to the corner.

Is it ok to move the 45 turns closer to the stove?

Yes, if the chimney pipe height is sufficient then it should work ok. We have the offset at the stove and it drafts fine with a 20' total height flue system on an easy-breathing stove.

What stove model is this for and how tall is the flue system from stovetop to chimney cap?