1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Stove pipe support bracket

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Don Bedrick, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Don Bedrick

Don Bedrick New Member

Loc:
    Alaska
    Hi, I'm new to the forum.
    I have 15 feet of Simpson Dura Vent un insulated double wall sitting on top of two Simpson Dura Vent 45s. Long story why it has to be done this way. Any way, I think it's a lot of stress on those 45s and am looking for a decorative bracket that would bolt to the masonry behind the pipe and clamp/screw to the outer wall of the pipe above the 45s to take some of the load. I saw a wrought iron one years ago but can't find one now. Any one know where I can get one or have other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    You could have a sheet metal shop make one up for you and paint it with BBQ black paint. Or would it be possible to put the offset at the top of the pipe instead of at the bottom?
  3. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    Typically the 45's are at the top. The 45 get's screwed to the chimney adapter, the vertical pipe is screwed to the stovetop adapter. Then the slip section is expanded, and then screwed together, the slip really wedges everything together. If it's done like this, there should be plenty of stability.
  4. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    Picture would probably help to visualize.
  5. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario
    If you need a strap, any blacksmiths near you? A good one could easily make whatever you want.