Stove Pipe Through the Ceiling......Looking for your Wisdom!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WoodBurn4Life

Dec 14, 2017
Mount Carmel, IL
Ok, so I would like to know what you’re guys opinion is about running a 6” chimney pipe up through my garage roof.

I know this is a simple question for some of you, but I’m a rookie.

Ok so I have a metal roof that’s cathedral. That’s it! Basically a pole barn.

I bought the cathedral ceiling box the put it up though but since I’m seriously running through one sheet of metal is there something better and not so big?

Merry Christmas btw!

Also I’m not looking for a cheap way. The right way!!!

I think the pros are going to say the ceiling support box is the best way. Selkirk does make a class A chimney with roof support brackets. I bought this kit for my little work shop with a metal roof. You will still have to a 2" airspace to combustibles (rafters and sheeting). I used a rubber boot for my flashing but I would suggest getting the metal roof flashing from excel. The pros will chime in soon and give you better advice than me. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_2472.PNG
    IMG_2472.PNG
    59.1 KB · Views: 111
There are a few threads on this type of installation. Highbeam documented his. That would be a good one to review. Before starting check with local inspecting authority and your insurance company to verify that putting a woodstove in the garage is permitted and if so, what are the requirements.