Stove pipe ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WidowMaker

Sep 1, 2008
Central Washington
Can double wall pipe from differant manufactures be inter mixed. Looking to put a wood stove in the man cave in place of current pellet stove. Wanting to buy used pipe on craigslist...

TIA

tfdchief said:
Pipe is UL tested and approved. I would not mix brands. UL didn't get to test them that way.

===

Thanks tfdchief, I did find this statement on ventingpipe.com website

"Different brands are not compatible with each other 99% of the time. Most local code offices require that you use the same brand throughout the installation. Keep in mind that even if you get the pipe to fit together, it still could be unsafe. Check for a UL listing on compatibility to find out if brand X will work with brand Y "

===

So I'll take that as a DON"T

Status
Not open for further replies.