Stove Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the BIG air intake slide control for the stove.

whats wrong with using single wall lowes stovepipe inside a house? i been using that snap togeather pipe for a couple of my stoves already. no problems with it.

greythorn3 said:
whats wrong with using single wall lowes stovepipe inside a house? i been using that snap togeather pipe for a couple of my stoves already. no problems with it.

For me it is two things I do not like, how it snaps together and it does not Telescope to take it out and in for cleaning.

AppalachianStan said:
greythorn3 said:

For me it is two things I do not like, how it snaps together and it does not Telescope to take it out and in for cleaning.
You need double wall DVL telescoping then.
That is one huge air intake, Shazam!

Hogwildz said:
AppalachianStan said:
greythorn3 said:

You need double wall DVL telescoping then.
That is one huge air intake, Shazam!

Are you sure? That is a 4" X 4" box with an 1" hole in the top that runs along the bottom of the fire box door that comes up on both side. Before I put the new gaskets on it all way acted like it never got enough air. And now it acts like it is starved for air with kindling. I got pic here some where.

Status
Not open for further replies.