Stove placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MillHeat

Dec 17, 2010
Michigan
I want to put a second stove in my house. The problem or not, is this. I want to place it between two windows. Is this a no no?

Only if one window is on the second floor, directly above the other.

How much space between the 2 windows, and what's above it? layout, etc. You know the drill.

The choice of a second stove is a tough one, care to share? Says she who just did the same thing :)

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
How much space between the 2 windows, and what's above it? layout, etc. You know the drill.

The choice of a second stove is a tough one, care to share? Says she who just did the same thing :)

The space between the two windows will be what ever it has to be. Remodeling room. Nothing is above it but a large attic space, single story addition.
Roof top is about 18 feet. Just want another stove in the house on a different floor.

I have 13 ft on that wall. Only wall that has access to the outside. The other walls can't accomidate the stove due to floor plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.