Stove Stuck in Frame.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

Hearth Supporter
Tried to remove my stove today for a looksy behind. Havent done it for about two months. I couldnt get it out. Pulling it ,pulls the surround out with it on one side. Not sure where its sticking but I'm thinking its at the bottom on the rails. Any one with an Accentra Insert had this happen before.

I also have an accentra. I once had an issue with sliding the stove out but I never pulled the frame with it. My guess is if you haven't had issues in the past is the felt strips on both sides of the stove frame where the stove slided on may have lifted or curled up the last time you pushed the stove in. Those strips could put enough pressure on the frame and the surrounding to cause the stove to get stuck if they did in fact curl or buckle when last pushed in. I actually removed both sides of the felt so it doesn's curl up of loosen and cause an issues when pulling and pushing the stove in to the frame. I also mounted the stove frame to the cement floor so it would take alot to pull my frame out with the stove.

i had one stick on the top right corner. i think i used a long screwdriver/prybar and freed it by prying between stove corner and surround once it moved a little it was free.

Status
Not open for further replies.