stove to liner adaptor question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jqgs214

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2006
Riverhead, NY
ok, so my new stove that was reinstalled (see prior threads) was not done so well. After my first few break in fires I noticed a glow from under the surround at the stove pipe connector. Turns out that the did not install the connector far enough into the stove and it started to lift out. I removed the surround and fixed the issue so that there is no longer a gap and the crimps are all the way inserted but I think both ends should be pushed in further (connector into stove and liner into connector) do they make a longer connector? My searches all seem to come up with one size. I don't have to have it but it would make me feel better. Oh and by the way I have horrible luck with installers and should just do them myself. (are there any good installers on Long Island?)

Edit: onle need like an extra inch in length maybe 1.5 inches

Not sure about the room you are working with (in a fireplace or not) or clearance to combustible issues, but could you use a brick under each leg or something similar to raise the stove a bit? I'm assuming this is a top exit install.

ETA: hmm, just noticed in your sig that you aren't burning a stove, it's an insert.

pen

http://www.chimneylinerdepot.com/store/684/product/6-inch-Flex-Liner-Coupler.html

linercoupler.jpg

I've never used one of these, so I'm not sure how much (if any) lenght it would add, but it's an idea if you are willing to cut the current liner, then piece this in. Or perhaps you have a piece of liner left over? Or someone could get you some? Then you could use this to add a small piece in.

Sucks to come that close, but no cigar.

pen

I have an extra 6 inch flex appliance connector that I bought from Chimney Liner Depot: http://www.chimneylinerdepot.com/store/427/product/Flex-Liner-ApplianceStove-Connector-6-inch.html. If you send me a private message (I can't locate the place to post this to you as a private message) I would be willing to send it you, if you think it will help solve the problem. I also have some extra 6 inch Flex King Pro SS chimney liner. Your problem with installers is a universal problem. That's why I do most of my own work, with the help of my better half. My wife and I installed a Clydesdale insert in 2010, insulated and placed the 6 inch Flex King Pro down the masonry chimney ourselves, built and installed a metal block-off plate. The end result was as good, if not better, than any installer could have done, IMHO.

Good luck in solving your stove problem.

Reactions: milleo
I never have found one longer, it would be a custom appliance adapter which would be big $$$. What you should do is check your liner and see if you have an extra inch you can pull it down (after you undo it from the top plate). I know that is what I had to do with mine when I trimmed my liner for my new insert, I trimmed it to much and had just enough extra at the top I could pull down an inch and still secure it up top to the top plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.