stovepipe on furnaces double/single

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffaj01

Hearth Supporter
Sep 20, 2010
Central Indiana
Do you use double wall or single wall black pipe on your furnace? I bought double wall, but cannot find a way to connect a barometric damper to the double wall. I'm thinking of returning the double and just going with single...what a headache.

i have black pipe that runs about 4 feet till it meets up with my insulated double wall.

I run single wall on our furnace with a baro about 2' up from the furnace.

I use single wall black pipe from the furnace to the liner as well.

Must be an old furnance to need one of those dampers? All the new stuff that is on the market in this area uses PVC.

nope, new wood burning furnace; no pvc. Thanks for the replies, seems like i probably should have or would be good using single wall. But for now i think i may keep the double wall and try to get that barometric damper to somehow fit. We'll see i guess..

Jeff

All fittings and such that are dobule wall will be much much more expensive and uncommon than the single wall stuff.

They make double-wall cleanout tees. I haven't seen one used for a barometric damper, but seems like it would work as long as it fits and is installed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.