stovepipe temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellet9999

Sep 3, 2008
ny
anyone who has Duratech insulated pipe... how hot is the outside of the pipe when normal fire is going... ???hand temp??

If you mean within a foot or so of the connection from your single wall pipe then yes warm to quite warm to the touch. Not too hot to touch. Do not know what that equates to in temp.

pellet9999 said:
anyone who has Duratech insulated pipe... how hot is the outside of the pipe when normal fire is going... ???hand temp??

Are you talking about the connector pipe or the class A? For the DVL connector, after the stove has been running for hours this pipe can be fairly warm. I can't remember what I measured with the IR thermometer, but it surprised me. I could only quickly touch the pipe. If I had to guess, maybe 160F with interior temp (probe thermo) of about 400. For the class A, cooler, maybe 120 if I had to guess? Ask me next winter and I can give some exact readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.