summers heat 55-SHP10 UL Approved for Homeowners Ins?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kait27

Oct 10, 2013
Hi All,
Switching homeowners insurance companies and the new company sent me a form to fill out for the pellet stove. (summers heat 55-SHP10). The form asks if it is UL-Approved. How do I find this out? I can't find anything on the website or in the PDF of the manual online. I have the actual manual at home but I haven't looked at the printed version yet.

All I can find in the manual is mention of using UL-Approved stove pipe for the vent (which we used.)

Any way to prove this is UL-Approved? I have to believe it is. Just don't want to take any chances with insurance.

You will find it with the decal which has the serial number and clearance info .
This decal has all the stove information on it .
mine is located on hopper lid inside but my stove is a different make
the manual will tell you where it is located .

See Page 27 of manual

Last edited:
Hello
You can call the toll free Englander Stove Works support line. They should be able to help. The design of that stove is very old but still should be approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.