summit blocker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shredd_guy

Nov 14, 2008
Ski Lane Ravine, Mn
I am tryying to get my system installed this week and i have a nagging issue I cannot put to rest. I have been up and down thru the archieves and still am A little confused. It has to do with the location of the blocker I have seen diagrams that place it right below the damper plate but,,,, it seems to me that i could attach it right to the lintel where there is a plate that I can tap into. Then I could seal it against the back and side wall with some approriate putty. That would give me a space of 3 in. from the top of the stove to the blocker. My plan is to bring the liner through a hole in the blocker and then attach it to the stove. but i am unsure if that would give me enough romm to manuver. Maybe that is why the plates are put up higher to allow for some hand space and attachment access. here are some images and some cad screen shots of the plan thus far.

I have the wood cut ,dryed, stacked, now if I only had a place to burn it

Attachments

• blocker2.jpg
    blocker2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 184
very nice that helps a lot. keep it simple. one thing I noticed is that your chim is as clean as a whistle. Did you scour it or was it just virgin? looks like you have a square hole for your blockoff. or is there another part with a round hole that trims it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.