Summit install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1

Well, got the summit in this week. I know,photos, coming! Wow, the work was worth it. No smoke from chimney,but that was not my concern. Burns efficient and the flames burning the smoke below the baffle is really nice. Looks small, but may be a tad big for my house, but will open a window if needed, I liked the summit. Burning 3 year dry fir and have 15 cord drying, 6 cord of that, 2 years dry. Got some Ponderosa pine cheap, crappy stuff to split, will not waste my time on that again. Oh, stove pipe temps at 300 at 1/4 throttle. It is not cold here in Portland Oregon, yet. Had to try it and the wife complained, Too hot!!!!!!!! I had a tendency to get the house really warm with the old Fisher. Gotta break that old habit. Will post some photos of stove. Tim

photos

Attachments

• Summit install
    DSC00179.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Summit install
    DSC00183.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 148
  • Summit install
    DSC00186.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 113
Status