Summit Sticker Shock! Large Stove Shortage?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike M.

Feeling the Heat
Mar 18, 2012
Green Bay, WI
Good Morning All:

My list of choices for my new homes basement stove include the Nap 1900, Summit and NC 30. Cannot find an NC 30 anywhere to look at. I have been to 4 local Home Depot stores and they all either don't carry the stove or they do not have one in stock. Yesterday my price quote came back on the summit and ouch, almost $3K for one with a pedestal, brushed nickel door and no ash dump. I can have one shipped online for considerably less, and the hearth store was sold out of course. Still waiting on the 1900 price and availability. With the Summit at $3K I am now thinking maybe throw the Sirocco 30 in the mix. Also I have been looking online at the HT2000 but again, nothing around at stores to actually see...

I'm only on day 2 with my super 27, the summits little brother but so far it's awesome, 8.5 hours over night and a ton of coals left and my house is sitting at a nice 77 degrees F. This is also my 1st EPA stove and obviously still learning with it, but like I said 8.5 hours later and my 1560 sqft house is 77 degrees.

When I was shopping, only higher end stuff was in stock locally at specialty stores for hands-on inspection. I went ahead and ordered without seeing the unit (vogelzang colonial).

That's the only downside to buying deals online. I trusted the good reviews and hoped what came was well represented in the pictures- and it was. Seems like if you want something outside the box or at a lower price point, you'll have to take the chance and order without touching.

I did a bunch of research, and by research I mean talking to everyone on this forum, lots of knowledge here, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your purchase.

Reactions: Kevin Dolan
Status
Not open for further replies.