Summit Stove Top

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steadyj_17

Dec 18, 2015
ottawa
Hey guys just want your thoughts on my stop top. It' 3 years old and I see fading on the top like s hot stop. I have never over fired it in my eyes. Is this normal?

Thank in advance
Summit Stove Top

Last edited by a moderator:
My summit is three years old. I think a soft whitish butt print is normal. I run my stove hot though and have probably overfired it by some standards. I run right up to 700-750 stovetop and have hit 800+many times. My baffle and rails are still bone straight. Your stovetop atleast in these pics looks whiter than mine to me. The only way I see that happening is if it got hotter than mine. Which would be overfiring. In your pic the top edge of your door looks like it's whitish too?

Here's a pic of my stovetop from yesterday.

Summit Stove Top

What you are seeing is pretty common. The paint on the stove top bakes in more than the rest of the stove body which is cooler. If I swing away the trivet top on our T6 I can see the same greying of the paint. A quick touchup spray in summer will have it looking new again.

Yah just the camera or lighting in that other pic. If your baffle and the side rails it sits on are straight. You're good.

My summit easily cruises above 700 F. Much like Squisher, it doesn't take much to go over 800 F, but I try to avoid that. The inside of my stove looks a lot like yours--I think you are fine there. I'm in my 3rd season, and am well pleased with the stove. My stove top is a little messy since we cook on it quite a bit. I've also noticed that my stack stays cleaner than other stoves I have run.

Reactions: Squisher