1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Super Cedar free fireplace gloves !

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by NWfuel, Dec 3, 2013.

1. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    Hearth members, we are happy to offer the Kevlar sewn fireplace gloves once again. We will include 1 free pair with your purchase of a 100 ct Super Cedar package. No other offers combined with this offer.
    Just add the SM M L XL in the discount field and they are included.

We also have just launched our Hot Fyre stove that is used with your Super Cedars for camping, glamping, preparedness kits or just a relax a fire. Check it out here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hotfyrestove/hot-fyre-aluminum-stove

Happy Holidays
    Thomas Lara Gretchen
    teutonicking and fossil like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Wow Thomas! I hope that stove really takes off for you and it does look like a winner. Please keep us posted on how this goes. In addition, it is again kind of you to offer the gloves. Thank you.

For others who have not tried the Super Cedars, they are well worth it and the best we've ever used.
    NWfuel and BobUrban like this.
  3. BobUrban

BobUrban Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Michigan
    been stated here 1000's of time but I will second Dennis' comment - best by far and 1/4 are too much - 1/8ths will get it done with seasoned hardwood and no kindling is needed. I tine piece of SC in between two splits in front of the dog house and in no time the fire is roaring with secondary burn. A box lasts many, many seasons.
    Backwoods Savage and NWfuel like this.
  4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Sent me to Google to look up "glamping". >>
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  5. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    Glad to get you up to date with the real world. Virtual camping is next.
  6. glennm

glennm Burning Hunk

Loc:
    S Ontario
    Is this valid in Canada? I love super cedars and due to re-order!
  7. DianeB

DianeB Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Foot Hills of the Berkshires
    love the SC's too. Liked seeing the picture of the machine that makes them at your link in the top post. Either I am getting stronger hands or you have changed mfg. process a little, but I am able to snap them in half by hand where last year I had to deepen the score with knife before I could divide them into 3 sections.
  8. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    Glenn, We only have room in the 100 ct for the free gloves,
    Thomas
  9. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    Diane,
    It is a very fine line between hard and soft Super Cedars. Always a challenge on this machine!
  10. DamienBricka

DamienBricka Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    NWfuel, Can I buy these anywhere or do I have to go to a particular site. Thanks, Damien
  11. Gretchen

Gretchen New Member

Loc:
    Everett
    www.supercedar.com
  12. DamienBricka

DamienBricka Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Thanks Gretchen
  13. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    Since you brought up about the kickstarter, when camping where would you put the cook top? Just seems odd to me that the bottom would be open so now you have to find a non-combustible place to put it on.
    NWfuel likes this.
  14. Gretchen

Gretchen New Member

Loc:
    Everett
    The stove is a survival style stove. It will hold a soup size can easily. (Boil water in 5 minutes) The stove can be turned over and Super Cedar chunk placed inside for a 6-8" fry pan to rest on.
    Either way it does need to be placed on soil,concrete or non flammable surface. I figure if your hungry enough one will find a location to use it. Even if it had a closed bottom it would be so thin that the same precaution would be in place. Thanks for checking mellow.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  15. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Diane, do you break them before unwrapping? Or perhaps you get the unwrapped SC already. I have noticed that the unwrapped do seem to break easier than the wrapped ones but as Thomas stated, it could have something to do with that particular run. With both, once we break them into quarters, we keep the rest in a zip lock bag. btw, I too would love to visit Thomas and his factory.
    NWfuel likes this.
  16. DianeB

DianeB Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Foot Hills of the Berkshires
    I buy the unwrapped. I don't notice any difference in burn time - they burn great, even though this batch softer than my last year batch - kind of like I can snap them by hand without tangling with the knife to deepen the score
    Backwoods Savage and NWfuel like this.
  17. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    I agree the unwrapped seem to break nicer and I also think they light off quicker and easier.
  18. dafattkidd

dafattkidd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sound Beach, LINY
    Hey Tom, Is this offer still valid? I do not see a "discount field". I tried putting L in the voucher field but it said this voucher is no longer available. Thanks.

Also worth noting: I am a big fan of Super Cedars. I buy them for myself. I have given them as gifts. I now have gotten one of my clients hooked on them. I'm going to buy him the 100 count. If the free gloves promotion is over no worries. I'm still buying the 100 count.
  19. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    Offer is good through Dec. 31st 2013. Put your size in the MESSAGE field. Thanks for the support.
    Thomas
  20. Rickb

Rickb Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    St.Louis
    Do they make smaller super cedars? I got the free trial and was very impressed but cutting them in thirds to 1/4's was very messy. If they already came in the smaller size I would be all over them.

You know instead of a 100pack they were a 250-300 count with the same amount of starter just smaller sized.
  21. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    Rickb,
    Each starter is made individually. If I made them smaller you would be paying more per start. I would compare to pie at the grocer, slice it as you like it ! :)
    Thomas
    dafattkidd likes this.
  22. dafattkidd

Loc:
    Sound Beach, LINY
    Thank you. Order placed!
  23. dafattkidd

Loc:
    Sound Beach, LINY
    I just break them into quarters over my wood box (which is already littered with dirt). Then store the remains of the Super Cedar in a zip lock bag. There are definitely crumbs, but so is the way of wood burning indoors.